There is our ultimate list of the top ten best zip-lines in the world. Explore the world's longest zipline, the incredible bicycle zipline, the zipline that shoots through Jaguar Cave, the spectacular Eifel Tower zipline and more. Which one would you be brave enough to try?
1) Zipline in Ras al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates – The longest zip-line in the world
- Many of the ziplines mentioned below claim to be the longest zipline in the world. But this exhilarating zipline, in Ras al Khaimah, has been officially recognized by the Guinness World Records as being the longest one! It is a record-breaking 1.76 miles long (2.83kms).
- It is also the fastest zipline in the world, reaching speeds of up to 100 miles per hour (160km per hr).
- The other really cool thing about it is you get to strike your superman pose, as the zipline has you suspended face down, soaring at astonishing heights.
- The platform you launch from is also out-of-this-world. It is a free-standing platform with a see-through bottom, suspended from the mountains by mere cables. This gives you the ultimate sense of adventure as you launch into the unknown.
2) The Eifel Tower zip-line, Paris
- I can't think of a more unique way to experience the Eifel Tower and surrounds, than by launching from a 377-foot platform located on the tower itself!
- Adventure junkies can dive at speeds of up to 56 miles per hour (90kmsph) and experience a phenomenal view of Pairs in the process.
3) The bike zipline experience, Carmen, Bohol Island, Philippines
- No this is not a crazy photoshopped image. These adventure seekers are actually ziplining on bicycles on an extraordinary zip line situated on Bohol Island in the Philippines.
- Part of the fun is the ability to ride close to friends and experience the spectacular views over the mountain ranges of the Philippines.
4) Dragon's Breath Zipline – World's Longest Zipline over Water, Haiti, Caribbean
- This Dragon's Breath Zipline wins my vote for the best views and happens to the the world's longest zipline that runs over water.
- Situated Haiti in the Caribbean (aka Paradise), this zipline provides panoramic views of the Harbour and the glistening water below.
- Such a bucket-list worth activity and without a doubt one of the best ziplines in the world.
5) Arenal Volcano Zip-line, Costa Rica
- This half a mile zipline provides the perfect trifecta: views of Arenal Volcano, the lush forest canopy below and stunning lake in the distance.
- What more could you ask for?
6) Jaguar cave Zipline, Belize Jungle
- Located in the heart of the Belize Jungle, the Jaguar Cave zipline will have you venture deep into an open-air cave.
- Such a unique and memorable experience as you marvel at the surrounding stalagmites and stalactites, suspended from an impressive 100 foot ceiling.
- Make sure you combine your experience with a spot of ‘cave tubing', where you float on your back through the cave on a large rubber doughnut. Pure bliss.
7) ZipFlyer Zipline, Nepal
- Zipflyer Nepal is situated amongst the grand Himalayas and provides high altitude views of the surroundings.
- It has one of the steepest inclines of any zip-lines in the world, with an initial incline of 56 degrees.
- It is over a mile long (1800 meters), and its 600-meter drop produces speeds of up to 85 mph (100kmph). So, you can imagine it would be quite exhilarating.
8) The Gibbon Experience Treetop Zipline, Laos
- The Gibbon Experience is a zipline on a mission to promote forest conservation.
- The zipline is part of Gibbon Experience Tours, an organization passionate about reforestation, sustainable farming practices and providing National Park patrols.
- So, it won't be just the rush of adrenaline that will leave you feeling great, it will also be the knowledge that you are supporting a great cause.
9) EcoZip Adventures, Waiheke Island, New Zealand
- Situated about 35 minutes from central Auckland, the EcoZip Zipline provides majestic views of rolling hills, picturesque farmlands, and ocean below.
- Suitable for kids and people of all ages, it is a great day activity if you are visiting New Zealand.
- It is also fantastic to be able to launch off the platform in tandem with your friends and family. Or maybe you can turn it into a race and see who reaches the finish line first!
10) Icy Strait Point ZipRider, Alaska
- I feel like Alaska and ziplines go together like peanut butter and jelly.
- Take the adrenaline and adventure of a zipline and mix it with Alaska's spectacular alpine scenery and you have a match made in heaven.
- Oh, and did I mention the Icy Straight Point ZipRider is taller than the Empire State Building! That earns its status of being among the best zip-lines in the world.
Have you ever been on an amazing zipline? Which one of these would you try? Comment your experiences below:
Related Blog posts you might like
1) The Muraka Underwater Villa, Maldives This stunning 2 storey villa is submerged approximately…
RobbinNovember 16, 2020 at 3:35 pm
It was a thrilling experience. I have enjoyed few of them.. glad to visit this page. Thanks for sharing!!