“I adore trousers but when the temperature begins to soar, long styles are often just too uncomfortable. This is the time I move to cropped pants or capri's – but they need to be stylish, easy to wear and suitable to take me from day to night, from beach to dinner.
Recently I have found my ‘perfect' capri made with a combination of 70% viscose, 24% nylon and 6% lycra. Why that material mix you might wonder, but I've found it means they:
- Hold their shape year after year
- Wash on a cool temperature or hand-wash easily
- Dry quickly
- Barely need ironing, if at all
- Are very packable – they fold up small for travelling and they don't crease
- Feel cool in the heat, and warm when it cools down
- Come in a wide range of colours
- And in the latest fashion styles
The ones I love are made by Eileen Fisher.
For ease and comfort they pull on, so no bulky front zip to worry about. However unlike many elasticated waist trousers these have a hidden stretch waist band – so you would never know they were pull-ons.
They hug, flatter and fit perfectly!”
Buy them here: Eileen Fisher crop pants are available from Nordstrom