My favourite t-shirts for both men and women are made from bamboo – well actually 70% bamboo and 30% organic cotton. But why is this material mix so good? I have found that bamboo fabrics are:
- Anti-bacterial, which means they don't retain odours
- Super-soft, anti-static and comfortable against your skin
- Gentle and non-irritating on sensitive skin
- Moisture wicking, which means you keep drier for longer
- Breathable, keeping you cool in the summer but also warm when it's cold too
- UV protective, with a UPF 40 garment cutting out 97.5% of harmful UV rays
- Washed easily, dry quickly and don't really need ironing
The addition of cotton ensures the fabric won't pill (bobble) so your garments will look great for years. They pack well and are perfect for a wide range of activities.
On top of all of these great benefits, using bamboo is kind to the environment too. It's a natural fibre which grows quickly and regenerates itself after harvesting, making it highly sustainable. It grows in tropical areas which have enough natural rainfall, and thrives without any chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
What's not to love?
Buy them here:
Men's and ladies' bamboo t-shirts are available on Amazon.com