Planning a weekend getaway this holiday period? Here is your express guide for creating a versatile weekend capsule wardrobe. This process will help you pack light, while also equipping you for all of the adventures the weekend may throw your way.
Five top tips for a weekend away capsule wardrobe
1) Choose pants that you can dress up or down
- One of the best tips for packing light for a weekend getaway is to bring versatile pants that can be easily dressed up or down. These Oxford Pants can easily go from casual to dressy, with just a few simple outfit tweaks.
- Choose trousers in neutral colors that will easily match with all of your other clothing items. Navy, khaki, stone or silver are great choices that will go with anything.
2. Pack a versatile waterproof jacket
- A waterproof smart-casual jacket is a perfect addition to your weekend escape. It will have you prepared for the weather while giving you the versatility to wear it on multiple occasions.
- Wear it with a shirt for a smart-casual look, or layer it with a hoodie and henley tee for a relaxed vibe.
- Make sure you choose a color that works well with your other base layers.
3. Pack one pair of comfortable walking shoes and one pair for dressier occasions
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes is crucial on any weekend away. You are likely to want to explore the surroundings and a pair of worn-in casual shoes is a must.
- We also recommend packing a dressier pair of shoes to wear out for dinner, to classy bars and upmarket venues. For fall and winter, you can't go past a nice pair of dressy ankle boots.
4. Layer it up
- Make sure you bring items that can be layered up to create different outfits. Having garments that are easy to layer will also give you the versatility to adapt to multiple weather conditions.
- Dockside Slub Hoddies are always a great casual layering option. Layer with a long sleeve henley tee underneath for optimum comfort. Then throw your smart-casual jacket over the top. Remember to pop the hood over the neckline of the jacket for a relaxed look.
5. Invest in a good quality leather weekend duffle bag
A good quality leather duffle is an excellent investment to pack all of your weekend essentials. It offers the perfect amount of room for a weekend and gives you a sleek and sophisticated look. It is the perfect option when you do not want to bring an entire suitcase along, yet you want a sturdy and long-wearing bag for your weekend gear. You can also use it as a gym bag when you are not traveling and also for mid-week work trips.
Things to look for in your duffle bag:
- 100% leather
- adjustable shoulder strap and hand straps, so you can easily convert the way you hold it
- make sure it has at least one zip-up compartment to store wallet, keys and other valuables
- high quality zips, clasps and hardware
Key looks for a weekend away
Set for the weekend
- To get you geared up for the weekend, choose a check shirt with a modern color combo. Don't be afraid to choose colors that are different from the traditional navy and white check. After all, it is the weekend and you can experiment with bolder color choices that will bring an element of fun and adventure to your style.
- These Gulf Poplin Shirts are perfect to get you in the weekend mood. They are comfortable, breathable and come in a choice of fresh colors.
- Team with neutral Oxford pants and leather sneakers, for a relaxed and casual look.
- Layer with a coat or jacket in cooler weather.
Smart casual dinner
- For a smart-casual dinner, create an understated yet confident look, by dressing up your Oxford pants with a sky blue Oxford shirt. The textured finish of a classic Waterlanding Oxford Shirt adds an air of refined quality to your style, while keeping your look relaxed and effortless.
- Team with premium leather accessories and suede ankle boots.
Exploring the surroundings
- For sightseeing, layer a Long Sleeve Henley with your smart-casual jacket. The cotton in the Henleys is breathable and perfect for exploring the surroundings.
- Have fun layering the latest season's colors to your base layers, bringing a fresh twist to your classic favorites. Pops of bold accent colors are a great way of adding life to your neutral basics.
We hope you have enjoyed your guide to packing for a weekend away. What is your go-to weekend wardrobe favorite? Tell us all about your weekend adventures in the comments below.