One of our favorite travel essentials, our Pashmina shawls are very versatile and can be worn just about anywhere. The fabric is lightweight, so they can be rolled up and placed in a handbag.
Shawls require great care during washing or ironing to maintain quality, but they can last for years with proper care. The following tips will help you take care of your pashmina.
- We recommend professional dry cleaning. However, it can be carefully hand washed.
- Never place your pashmina shawl in a washing machine or dryer as it will ruin the fabric.
- To hand wash – use cold water and mild detergent or a low pH shampoo. Place the wet shawl on a towel and wrap up together to squeeze out excess water. Dry the shawl on a flat surface and lightly stretch to its original shape. Allow it to dry completely.
- To let the creases fall out, either hang the shawl for a few hours or use a steam iron on a low heat. Do not iron the shawl directly but cover with a clean damp cloth.
- To store your shawl for any length of time, pack it in tissue paper or a plastic bag. We would recommend you clean it before storing.
We hope you enjoy your pashmina for years to come.