General Style Tips
- Smart casual is the key here with maybe a smarter dress for a special restaurant. However for men jacket and ties are optional even in Santa Monica's fanciest restaurants.
- Be sure to take a pashmina shawl, light jacket or cardigan, as a cool wind can spring up suddenly.
- Ocean breezes can be cool and once the sun sets, the temperature can drop.
- The temperature here is nearly always lower than LA itself but sunscreen (we love the Riemann P20 range for 10 hour protection), sunglasses and a sunhat really are essential – the rays are a lot stronger than you realise.
- It's a good idea to dress in layers especially in the slightly cooler winter seas of December, Janury and February.
- This is a pedestrian friendly city that is very conducive to walking – so be sure to take comfortable walking shoes. We love Hotter shoes, for total comfort along with style. Or why not try the Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops range – using interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on decorations, you can change your look from day to evening in an instant whilst still packing light.
- Pack light as it's very easy to get clothes laundered and it will leave plenty of room for the great handbags and shoes you'll find here.
- Also see What to Wear in USA