General Style Tips
- Not a city as such but an amazing experience.
- As you will be traveling through 8 states experiencing a huge range of temperatures and activities you need to consider all of these things but still pack light. Our packing list will really help with this. Check out our blog too for a step by step idea of what to wear as you travel East to West.
- Moving daily will mean living out of a suitcase so choose things that don't crease too much although most places will have an iron and a board as well as laundry facilities.
- Your trip will undoubtedly involve a good deal of walking so comfortable walking shoes are a must. We love Hotter shoes, for total comfort along with style. Or why not try the Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops range – using interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on decorations, you can change your look from day to evening in an instant whilst still packing light.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen (we love the Riemann P20 range for 10 hour protection), and a sun hat are necessary but can always be bought there, as can toiletries if you want to travel really light. It's easy to forget this when most of your time is spent driving.
- Wearing layers is the very best way of managing the changing temperatures you will experience through your day on the road.
- Don't be tempted to over pack you really will be able to buy more pretty much anywhere you go.
- The most vital bit of kit, in our opinion is Sat Nav as well as a really good map like Rand McNally.
- Also see What to Wear in USA