General Style Tips
- Smart casual is the key here with maybe an extra smart outfit or dress for a special restaurant.
- Be sure to take a light jacket or cardigan, or a pashmina, as air conditioning is everywhere and even if it's hot outside it may be chilly inside.
- A skirt or loose-fitting pants are good in the heat and will protect you from the sun. Although you will see some locals sacrifice cool comfort for the sake of high fashion.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen (we love the Riemann P20 range for 10 hour protection) really is essential – the rays are a lot stronger than you realise.
- Pack light as it's very easy to get clothes laundered and it will leave plenty of room for the great handbags and shoes you'll find here.
- You'll probably find you spend a great amount of time outside, so be sure to take comfortable walking shoes, (we love Hotter shoes, for total comfort and they look great too). Or why not try the Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops range – using interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on decorations, you can change your look from day to evening in an instant whilst still packing light.
- Ladies, save your high heels for the evenings.
- Also see What to Wear in USA