General Style Tips
- To sum it up: lots of layers. Think thin sweaters under a light waterproof raincoat. For extra warmth in Winter pack some long thermal underwear – you'll be grateful you did.
- Add a warm hat, scarf and gloves because when visiting Glacier Bay (and for those who want to go outside) it is extremely cold and anything metal you will stick to!
- Even in June whilst you can expect good weather, it will be windy (especially when out whale watching) so a wind and waterproof jacket is a must.
- It might be cold but you will still need sunscreen (we love the Riemann P20 range for 10 hour protection) and insect/mosquito repellent.
- A soft-sided rucksack is more practical than a hard suitcase when traveling around – it is easier to fit into trains, small planes and boats. And with so much travel here being by small transport you may wish to consider packing some travel sickness remedies.
- Also see What to Wear in USA