General Style Tips
- The people of Montreal steel themselves for snow from October to May. They can't beat their long Canadian winter, so they do the only sensible thing: They adapt to it – outdoors and in.
- Outdoors, Montrealers ski, skate, toboggan and take horse-drawn sleighs on Mount Royal.
- While indoors, a weatherproof underground city thrives. Smart shops, continental-style cafes and cinemas with films in French and English line indoor promenades beneath office buildings.
- And virtually everything is linked by the Metro, with its efficient, bright blue cars.
- Sporting events and the theater are both popular here, so you'll need a combination of purely practical clothes and a few glitzier bits.
- Also see What to Wear in Canada