General Style Tips
- With Granada being popular with tourists dress is casual. A lot of visitors are Spanish and they really care about their personal appearance and tend to dress more smartly, but casual clothes will carry you through everywhere.
- Jeans are very popular here in every style but at the height of the summer would be way too hot, so swap for lightweight pants.
- Also see What to Wear in Spain
Clothing Tips for Women
- Don't forget about your shoes… the Spanish love shoes, and for them a pair of shabby shoes can let down a whole outfit. In the old town the streets are steep and cobbled and as the easiest way of getting around is walking they need to be comfortable. We love Hotter shoes, for total comfort along with style.
- Save your heels for the evening or swap them for smarter boots or in the summer flat sandals, which will be far easier to walk in – especially in the cobbled streets.
- Church is still an integral part of Spanish life and wearing shorts or being scantily dressed while visiting a church will not be appreciated. If you are going to visit any religious sites then be sure to cover your shoulders and bare legs. A pashmina can come in handy for this.
Pack for the Weather
- Although the winter months are short, roughly stretching from November through December, January and February, the weather can be cold so take a jacket for the evenings.
- If you are planning on visiting at the height of the summer i.e. July and August you will find many bars and restaurants closed as people leave the city due to the extreme heat.
- If you are visiting in the spring (March, April and May) it's worth bearing in mind that although you may view the temperatures as warm (if you're used to cold winters), the locals don't. So if you want to blend in, dress as they do in sturdy shoes or boots, pants, sweaters, scarf and a jacket.
- It rains a lot in the spring too, so you could pack a travel umbrella- but don't worry if you forget as every shop seems to sell them, as well as the street sellers.
- We love the Weather+ app – it gives an accurate 6 day forecast for day and night, which when you're planning from home is really helpful. You can keep all the places you've been to too – a nice way to remember your trip 🙂 Download for iPad/iPhone or Android