Melbourne Style Tips
- Black is king for business here. Looking well groomed is very important, if you want to fit right in.
- However, for going out, go as casual as you like.
- During the day in the summer it's hot, so our advice is to pack lightweight, loose fitting clothes in natural fabrics such as linen, silk and cotton that will keep you cool and are easy to wash and dry.
- Jeans are always popular and will serve as a versatile base to your wardrobe. Wear them with cool layers such as a t-shirt and light jacket for the summer (December, January, February) or warmer ones e.g. a long sleeved shirt and sweater in the winter (June, July and August).
- Pop a lightweight raincoat in your bag – it tends to rain quite often.
- Wear plenty of sunscreen (we love the Riemann P20 range for 10 hour protection), sunglasses and a sunhat.
- A lightweight day sack will come in handy to carry your sightseeing essentials.
- Also see What to Wear in Australia
Clothing tips for women
- For business you will fit right in with a skirt & blouse combo or dress and smart heels. It's your choice whether you wear stockings or not – there's a real mix of the two.
- A few well chosen pieces of costume jewelry will transform any outfit.
- A pashmina is a versatile piece that will dress up any outfit.
- We love Hotter shoes, for total comfort along with style. Or why not try the Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops range – using interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on decorations, you can change your look from day to evening in an instant whilst still packing light.
Clothing tips for men
- Here on business, you'll definitely feel more comfortable in a suit and well tailored shirt. A tie's not essential if it's not your thing, but they are very much in evidence here if you prefer a totally suited and booted look.
- For great versatile travel jackets with multiple pockets including RFID security options, we love the SCOTTeVEST range.