General Style Tips
- Our advice would be to travel light, and we mean really light – all you need during the day is beachwear, and for the evenings again keep it light and simple.
- All year round wear plenty of sunscreen (we love the Riemann P20 range for 10 hour protection), sunglasses and a sunhat.
- Take insect/mosquito repellent too.
- Outside of the hotels the facilities are far more basic than the close neighbour Sal, and there are fewer options for sightseeing and activities.
- Pop some trainers or light weight walking shoes in if you want to walk around the island, plus a lightweight day sack.
- Also see What to Wear in Cape Verde
Clothing Tips for Women
- The roads and paths are very uneven so flat shoes are far more suitable than heels when out and about. We love Hotter shoes, for total comfort along with style. Or why not try the Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops range – using interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on decorations, you can change your look from day to evening in an instant whilst still packing light.
- If you are staying in an all inclusive hotel then there is more scope to dress up so you may want to pop a dress and accessories in, but otherwise dressing up really doesn't happen here – everyone is very casual.
- A few well chosen pieces of costume jewellery will transform any outfit.
- A pashmina is a versatile piece that will dress up any outfit.
Clothing Tips for Men
- There are no specific things to bring to your attention, check out our packing list for our suggested capsule wardrobe.
Pack for the Weather
- Through October, November, December, January, February and March the island is windier but it is still hot. However we would recommend that you pack a cardigan, fleece or pashmina shawl for the evenings as the wind can make it feel cooler once the sun goes down.
- We love the Weather+ app – it gives an accurate 6 day forecast for day and night, which when you're planning from home is really helpful. You can keep all the places you've been to too – a nice way to remember your trip 🙂 Download for iPad/iPhone or Android